Which home remedies for anxiety are the best?
Here are some of the home remedies for anxiety which you can take to reduce stress and start living a wholesome life. Most people will want to know which home remedies work best but the truth is that different remedies work differently for different people. It's always best to try different remedies by combining rather than just taking one remedy over another. Here's a look at some of the home remedies for anxiety.
Foods rich in B vitamins, such as whole grains, green vegetables, eggs and lean meats help build resistance to anxiety. Nutritional yeast is a good food source of B vitamins. To help alleviate symptoms of anxiety resulting from excessive adrenalin production, eat lima beans, tomatoes and salmon. They are high in potassium, which helps the adrenal gland balance sodium and potassium levels in the body. To maintain this balance, avoid salt. These foods also contain pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), the most important nutrient needed by the adrenal gland to produce its hormones.
A healthy lifestyle and diet are the foundations for anxiety relief, but supplements do offer additional protection from the effects of anxiety. They also strengthen the nervous and immune system to better withstand illness.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients. This vitamin supports the adrenal glands and the immune system. It protects the body from infection and damage from free radicals as well.
The B vitamins lend the nervous system extra support. Additional calcium and magnesium help calm the nervous system if anxiety or insomnia are present. To provide extra energy when needed, royal jelly, a substance secreted by honey bee workers and fed to future queen bees, can be helpful.
In combination with stress reducing techniques, herbal remedies are often used as home remedies for anxiety.
- Valerian: valerian is one of the most useful herbs to reduce anxiety and tension.
For a relaxing tea, pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1tsp. of valerian root, steep for 20 minutes, drink one hour before sleeping or when feeling anxious.
- St. John's wort juice is a nerve tonic for depression and nervous exhaustion caused by excess strain.
- Ginseng taken in combination with royal jelly is a great energy booster and lifts the spirits.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that deal with anxiety.
- If anxiety before an event is the problem, whether it is stage fright or an exam, Argentum nitricum and gelsemium are excellent remedies.
- Argentum nitricum is recommended when there is a tremendous amount of nervousness and agitation, and concentration is difficult.
- Aconite is an excellent remedy for panic, anxiety and fear as a result of a shock or fright.
For nervous tension, take 4 tablets under the tongue 3 times daily.
- kali phos works as nourishment for the nerves. it is the chief tissue salt in cases of fatigue, anxiety, sleeplessness and depression due to nervous tension
- Calc phos is appropriate if nervous debility is linked to physical weakness or anemia.
- Nat mur is another tissue salt to consider, helpful when anxiety is accompanied by low spirits, possibly related to grief.
Physical home remedies for anxiety
- Regular walking, swimming or cycling for at least half an hour 3 times a week will greatly reduce stress. The fresh air and increased circulation will give you a new perspective on problems.
- Practice deep-breathing exercises twice a day.
- Garden work is not only healthy for the body, but provides rejuvenation for the spirit.
- Take a short leisurely ride to a nearby park or the mountains; get out of the car and go for a relaxing walk or hike. This will invigorate the circulatory system and the time spent in a clean environment refreshes and relaxes.
- Sleep interruptions or prolonged sleep withdrawal can deplete the nervous reserve energy and cause an excessive amount of anxiety.
- Practice meditation.
Herbal Remedies>Anxiety>Home remedies For Anxiety
Like This Page?