Sore Throat Remedy Options
Have you tried using a sore throat remedy to soothing that
scratchy throat? Oh! Scratchy throats……how unpleasant those are….
reach for that next medicine you can get your hands on, consider the healing
properties of sore throat remedies.
Lets look at what a sore thoat is, its causes, symptoms and of course which options you have in terms of remedies.
What is a Sore Throat
and What Does it Mean?
A sore throat is a sore, scratchy unpleasant feeling that
you get around the throat as a result of infections by virus and bacterial
The mucus membrane that lines the throat inflames.
A sore throat is the body’s way of alerting to the fact that
an infection is about to take place in your body that are more serious for
Why the Throat is Susceptible to Soreness?
The throat can be thought of as the single most vital
passage in the respiratory system that fights against harmful viruses and
It is essentially the front line in an army.
Therefore, if these viruses and bacteria breach that line,
then, you are open to attacks up and down the air passages which include the
lungs and the bronchial tubes.
That’s where the soreness comes in. From the bacteria and
virus infecting on the throat.
What Causes Sore
- Virus and bacteria
- Prolonged lacked of sleep over a number of nights
- Low immune system
- Smoking and dust
- Getting wet for example when you get rained on.
- Prolonged exposure to dry air
- Prolonged exposure to cold
- When fatigued over a period of time for example
as a result of working too hard
- Emotional turmoil for example when a loved one
ill, or stress
What are the Symptoms
of a Sore Throat?
- Pain in the throat
- Feeling of a dry or burning or stabbing throat
- Swollen and tender neck glands.
- Fever and fatigue - Commonly comes with a cold.
- A sore lump – This is caused by emotional
- Hoarse voice – This means the larynx has been
Which Sore Throat
Remedy to Choose?
Unlike many other illnesses such as coughs, any herbal sore
throat remedy for the most part work for everyone as there aren’t any “types
of sore throats”. Here is a few you can try today.
- Use garlic (You can use the capsule as its odorless), thrice daily. It acts as a powerful antibiotic.
- To relieve a hoarse voice chew on pimpernel roots
suffering from a dull fever and a feeling of a red and inflamed throat
use Belladonna every 2 hours until pain is relieved. Consult your
physician for dosages.
you have a dry throat, it becomes painful especially at night and you
have bad breath, take 6c strength Mercurius Solubilis every 2/3 hours.
- Make herbal tea and include herb ingredients thyme, plantain, raspberry, tormentail and Echinacea.
- Take Zinc lozenge supplements as it provides relief and boosts the immune system.
- Vitamin A is useful in restoring the mucus membrane
- Gargle sage tea or linden flower tea or daisy tea a number of times per day soothes the throat as well as promotes healing.
- If you have a sore throat that doesn’t seem to disappear, take 4 tablets of Silicea a day and place under the tongue each time.
- Vitamin C supplements provides a boost to the body’s immune system which help fight off the infection.
you have just started getting a sore throat, 4 tablets of Calph sulph
are ideal in stopping the progression of the infection. Place the
tablets under your tongue every hour.
No matter which sore throat remedy you choose, it is
important that you be consistent in your intake. You can supplement the above remedies by
keeping a good nutrition of fruits (especially citrus fruits), vegetables,
whole grains and drink plenty fluids. Also avoid taking sugar. Typically, a sore throat will last days or a
week or so. If symptoms persist, it’s wise to contact a physician.
Herbal Remedies > Herbal Cough Remedies > Sore throat Remedy
Like This Page?