10 Acne Herbal Remedies
Acne Herbal Remedies are efficient and effective in
cleansing internal impurities and unblocking clogged pores on the skin that are
caused by acne.
Acne is widely considered an adolescent problem. However, it
can also affect adults just as much. In most cases, acne attacks the face, the
neck, chest as well as the back. It is characterized by red or black pimples on
the skin surface.
If affected by a mild case of acne, it doesn’t last long. On
the flip side, if it’s a more severe case, it becomes a painful experience and
is more widespread on the body. If you find yourself developing acne at around
30 years of age, particularly on the cheeks, it may be that you are suffering
another skin disease that is similar to acne known as rosacea.
8 Causes of Acne
- An overproduction of sebum, which is an oily
substance produced to provide protection of the skin. Sebum overproduction
blocks the skin that then infects the pores. The result of this event is
manifested as blackheads after exposure to air and papules on the skin.
- Hormonal imbalances in the body, particularly in
adolescents and women going through PMS or taking birth control pills can also
- Impurities in the blood caused by poor dieting
also causes acne. For example, deep fried foods, junk foods, foods with
saturated fats and sweets are all foods that cause acne.
- An overworked and sluggish liver which does not
detoxify the body well. If this happens, the detoxification occurs on the skin
which causes acne.
- Chronic constipation
- Toxins from alcohol and smoking
- Exposure to iodine, bromine, chlorine and
petroleum although rare can also cause acne
10 Acne Herbal Remedies
- This herb clears up skin after the occurrence of acne
- Apply aloe vera gel or calendula cream to the affected areas on the skin.
- Aloe Vera taken as a juice also clears up acne internally.
- Take 2 ounces, 3
times a day for 2 weeks
- A chamomile face steam aids in unblocking clogged skin
- Once in the steam, wash your face with a warm and damp cotton cloth
socked in chamomile or sage to disinfect affected areas.
- Lastly, splash yarrow infusion on your face.
This tightens up open pores.
Tea tree oil
- These acne herbal remedies are powerful in treating skin
infections of a fungal nature as it contains antimicrobial activities and
- Dab a drop of tea tree oil on the pimple twice each day.
4. Gotu Kola
- They are effective in treating large scars such as keloids
Natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- This remedy particularly glycolic acid come recommended by
dermatologists and surgeons
cleanse and exfoliate the skin and do so without causing side effects as they
are derived from natural products such as sugar cane, citrus fruits, sour milk,
apples and grapes.
- They are particularly effective when used with Epidermal
Growth Factor (EGF) which is a protein used by the skin to help protect it from
injury such as burns and cuts.
- This herb stimulates detoxification and the properties of the immune
- Taking this remedy requires the seeking out of a professional to
offset the correct dosages as each individual had different tolerant levels.
- Like goldenseal, for correct dosage of Echinacea it is
prudent to seek the services of a professional.
8. Lavender Vinegar
- It’s a powerful face cleanser
- Soak lavender flower tips in
1 qt of apple cider vinegar
- Filter thoroughly and mix into half a cup of
- You could also apply herbs such as comfrey, birch leaves, blueberry
leaves and thyme
- These acne herbal remedies are extracted from saw palmetto
- It is very effective in inhibiting or reducing the hormone responsible for
acne development which is known as di-hydrotesterone.
10.Take Herbal Juices and Teas
- Acne herbal remedies made from herbs and taken as juices or
teas are good for cleansing the blood of impurities that cause acne
- Take juices or teas made
from herbs such as stinging nettle,birch leaves, yarrow, horsetail, dandelion and chamomile.
Like This Page?