Herbal Hangover Remedies
Herbal hangover remedies are not only powerful and effective but also efficient in providing relief from symptoms of a hangover such as stomach upsets and insane headaches.
Think of a hangover in terms of gong through drug withdrawal symptoms
just like a drug addict would. Why this occurs is because levels of
blood alcohol in the system, which affect the brain, are now sinking
following the achieving of high levels of alcohol in the blood. This is
the main reason in fact why drinking alcohol the morning after a night
of heavy drinking simply temporarily delays the inevitable
Symptoms of a Hangover
- Queasy Stomach and Nausea - This occurs because the stomach lining is irritated by alcohol. Many also experience vomiting.
- Never ending intense headaches
- General weakness and trembling
- Some people experience an overwhelming feeling of misery
- Mental fogginess
What Aggravates Hangovers?
Dehydration and low blood sugar levels is responsible for many symptoms. However, there are ways in which you can avoid including (and most important) taking a lot of water and light meals.
While overindulging in alcohol is the solely responsible, what are some things that make a hangover worse?
- Drinking alcohol on an empty school. Its important to eat before, during and after drinking as the food taken slows down the absorption of alcohol in the blood.
- Smoking makes hangovers worse as it adds toxins and dehydration to the body to toxins and dehydration that are already in the body because of alcohol
- Lack of Sleep - It is important to get a lot of sleep following a heavy night of drinking
- Mixing Drinks - Taking different types of alcoholic beverages as you drink is considered a prime reason for bad hangovers
- Aspirin - Stay away from aspirins of any form as it irritates the stomach lining.
5 Herbal Hangover Remedies
1. Japanese Mint Oil
- This herbal hangover
remedy is excellent in clearing a nagging hangover.
- Place a drop of the oil
on your tongue
- Deeply inhale through your nose and deeply exhale through your
- Do this exercise several times
- Because of its anti–nauseant properties, it is effective
in providing relief from stomach upsets.
- Stir the ginger into a glass of water
and drink slowly
3. Gentian, Peppermint or Centaury Leaf Tea
- Not only does this herbal hangover remedy soothe stomach
upsets but also returns the stomach back to normal.
4. Agrimony, Wormwood & Centaury
- They are excellent for those who suffer from migraines
of the herbs should be mixed together in equal amounts (2 tablespoons each).
- Once mixed, pour the mix in a cup of boiling water and let it si sit for 5
- Strain and drink (unsweetened) in small sips
Peppermint and Fennel Emulsion (Diluted)
- It is handy in providing relief from painful stomach upsets
and is best taken in liquid form.
- Pour the herbs into a half a cup of water
and drink slowly
- If you suffer from ulcers, do not take peppermint. Instead
use Fennel Emulsion.
What Else Helps With Hangovers?
Here are 6 super easy suggestions that will cost you nothing
to try to get rid of a hangover:
- Go for a walk and breathe in the fresh air.
Don’t be lazy, challenge yourself! It does a world of good!
- Drink a lot of water when you wake up then go
back to bed. This helps in oxygenating the blood and counters dehydration.
- Go for a hot shower. Yes a shower! Shower for 5
minutes with hot water then switch to cold water for 20/30 seconds. Repeat this
alternation a few times.
- Eat whole grains and/or nutritional yeast. They
provide vitamin B which reduces the toxicity in the body as well as calms
- Take a cocktail using cayenne pepper and orange
juice salmonella as ingredients. It is both a health drink and provides relief
from hangover symptoms.
- Orange juice is also ideal as it provides much
needed vitamin C and aids in the reduction of toxins in the body.
Herbal hangover remedies are quite effective in nursing
yourself back to normalcy. Even if over indulgence is actually a universally
accepted norm, its important to limit the number of times you do it as it may
lead to more serious illnesses such as liver cirrhosis, pancreatic as well as
other personality changes that are pathological in nature.
Like This Page?