Reiters syndrome, also known as reactive arthritis, is a type of arthritis which is unique
because it combines three different types of inflammation to emerge as
At present, there is precious
little which is known about its causes. However, sexual transmitted diseases and genetic links are
believed to trigger an onset of reiters syndrome.
The condition is particularly prevalent in men and recurs in
half of all the people who suffer from within half a year to a year.
What are the Symptoms
of Reiters Syndrome?
- Conjunctivitis - This is an inflammation of the
outer layer of the eyes. The infection
causes irritation, itchiness, swelling and redness of the eyes. It is also
known as pink eyes.
- Pain and stiffness in the joints especially in the
knees and ankles.
- An inflammation and flare ups of the joints.
- Uretheratis – Tis is an inflammation of the
- Sometimes a genital discharge may occur.
However, it is important to find out if the discharge has been cause by the
condition or as a result of sexually transmitted diseases.
What foods should you
- Certain types of fish including salmon and
herring provide relief from symptoms that occur as a result of
contracting reiters syndrome. They reduce inflammation flare ups due to
their production of
- Avoid taking caffeine and caffeine related
products which include coffee and tea. In addition, bran should also be avoided
as they all disrupt mineral absorption by the body.
- Make sure to include plenty of raw and natural
vegetables and fruits. They are
beneficial as they contain powerful anti-oxidant properties and vitamins that
fight inflammation within them
- Work cold pressed unrefined seed oils into your
food on a day to day basis. It should be added to dishes that don’t require you
to heat at high temperatures including pasta, cooked rice, salads and baked
What Herbal Remedies
Can I Use to Treat Reiters Syndrome?
- To reduce inflammation, take a cup of alfalfa
tea thrice a day
- In order to provide support to the adrenal glands, take 20 drops of
Siberian ginseng and astralagas three times a day
- To purify blood and detoxify body by promoting
sweating, take a teaspoon of devil’s claw root, licorice and sassafras in a cup
of boiling water. Detoxification is an essential activity that aids recovery.
- Take 40 drops of horsetail herb rich in silica
as tincture three times a day. They restore hormonal balance which is caused by
an imbalance of calcium magnesium in the body.
What Supplements Can
- Vitamin C
– Take these with bioflavonoids in 1000 mg doses. Vitamin C boosts immunity, reduces inflammation and
facilitates flexibility of stiff joints.
- Vitamin E
– These supplements the effectiveness of vitamin C and works best with
tocopherols. Take in dosages of 400 IU.
- Vitamin A
– These supplement provides relief from pink eyes ( conjunctivitis). Take
in 35000 IU dosages.
Are There any other
Therapies that are of Benefit?
- Intraveneous chelation therapy helps in the
reversal of the illness and return the functions of the body back to normal
- To soothe pain and boost immunity especially
from inflammation, take daily sitz baths. You may also choose to include a dry
bash to use to rub affected joints. Using a dry brush promotes detoxification
which is key in recovery.
A lot of research has been undertaken on the disease.Using the herbal remedies and foods above can provide
multiple benefits in the treatment of reiters syndrome. Moreover, as they are
natural, they don’t have any side effects and can be used alongside medication
prescribed by your doctor.
Like This Page?